At Cascade, we believe sustainability is about taking care of the natural environment, investing in our communities and growing our business in a way that positively impacts all our stakeholders.
That is why every three years, we survey our stakeholders and ask for their insights about sustainability, professional and partnership goals, and the expectations they have when working with or for us. If you’ve worked with us in any capacity, please weigh in—we want to hear from you.
OUR SUSTAINABILITY PROGRAM
"Cascade supports the advancement of sustainability by integrating environmental stewardship, social responsibility and economic prosperity into the decisions and actions that drive our business." – Cascade Sustainability Policy
Compass, our corporate sustainability program, was founded in 2014 and empowers employees with training, tools and resources to work safely and more efficiently. It strengthens our local communities through volunteer work, charitable partnerships and investing in local economies. It connects you, our client, with innovative options for resource conservation, environmental remediation and responsible waste management.
OUR SUSTAINABILITY COUNCIL
Our Sustainability Council manages and reports on our impacts in the areas of environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and economic investment to foster the growth of our company, employees and clients. The Council meets regularly to review feedback collected through a variety of channels including surveys, meetings, social media, email, industry reports, and other business tools to gain a better understanding of the issues that may potentially impact our business. Through open dialogue, we seek to understand the impacts of our operations on our stakeholder groups—especially employees, clients, and our procurement partners.
In 2014, Cascade embarked on a sustainability journey that continues to transform our organization today. Like any successful journey, ours involves planning, action and evaluation. We began with a comprehensive stakeholder engagement process, business assessment and selection of appropriate metrics that are material to our business. Our journey continues as we refine the systems to accurately collect, analyze and report our sustainability metrics. Moving forward, we continue to align our sustainability goals with the values and expectations of our stakeholders.
Our Corporate Sustainability Program is based on the Global Reporting Initiative’s (GRI) framework which focuses on the organization’s environmental footprint, social responsibility and economic impact.
As an environmental steward, Cascade provides unparalleled service by understanding the environmental impacts in all areas our business. We achieve this through:
- Energy Conservation: long-term strategy to implement a company-wide energy conservation plan empowering employees to take action at the local level to reduce electric, natural gas and fuel consumption.
- Sustainable Sourcing: centralized procurement practices to manage cost, liability and support the company’s sustainability efforts through a formalized Sustainable Sourcing initiative.
- Environmental Protection: work closely with clients to protect and restore the natural habitats in and around our field operations.
- Waste Reduction: waste reduction and recycling efforts from field to office.
As a responsible corporate citizen, Cascade invests in the success and well-being of our stakeholders including employees, clients and the communities in which we live and work. We achieve this through:
- Employees: provide for ongoing safety, training and professional growth of our workforce.
- Communities: serve our local communities through philanthropy and strategic partnerships.
- Clients: align the values and expectations of our clients in a way that maximizes the positive impact of our sustainability program.
As an industry leader, Cascade is committed to consistent, sustainable growth. We achieve this through:
- Service Quality: reward innovation, efficiency and safety throughout our entire service line.
- Capital Investment: consider economic, environmental and social implications of capital investments.
- Local Investment: support local economies through procurement and hiring policies.
Our stakeholders are the people and organizations touched by our business. By aligning our sustainability efforts with the interests and expectations of our stakeholders, Cascade truly delivers the best, most innovative solutions in the industry. We encourage you to get involved with our sustainability efforts by contacting Sue Bruning, Chair of the Sustainability Council.