Meet Our Battelle Presenters
Mar 28, 2018 -
Battelle’s 2018 Conference on the Remediation of Chlorinated and Recalcitrant Compounds is just a few weeks away. With more than 1,100 presentations from leading environmental remediation experts, we understand how important it is to plan ahead to make sure you get the most out your visit. Cascade is pleased to have experts presenting on a wide range of technologies and case studies. If you’re attending this year’s Battelle conference, be sure to check out one of the following presentations.
This year, Cascade’s technical experts are featured in 10 platform presentations. Topics include:
- Optimized Delivery Methods for Liquid and Solid Amendments
- High-Resolution Site Characterization Tools for Source Delineation and In-Situ Thermal Treatment Design Optimization
- Combining Thermal Remediation Technologies
- Optimizing Thermal Remediation Approaches
- How to Close a Site When You Cannot Drill and Sample the Rock
- Permeable Injection Network for Enhanced Reductive Dechlorination Treatment
For a full list of presenters, topics, and schedules, make sure to visit our Battelle conference page.
Cascade also has a full roster of poster sessions at the conference this year, 13 in total. Poster Group Presentations are scheduled for Monday and Wednesday afternoons from 4:30 - 6:30 pm. Stop by and speak with our poster presenters on topics include: Reducing Costs in Site Characterization and Visualization by Designing More Efficient ISTR Systems, Applications of our PFAS Mobile Laboratory, and Thermally-Enhanced Natural Attenuation of VOCs, just to name a few.
For the full list of presenters, topics, and times, check out our Battelle conference page.
Ready to go in-depth on thermal remediation? Steffen Griepke is hosting the short course on Remediation of Contaminant Mass in Low-Permeability Materials on Sunday, April 8 from 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
In this short course, instructors will provide an overview of the challenges and benefits of addressing contaminant sources in low-permeability settings, as well as the development of conceptual site models in sites with low-permeability. They will also address a variety of in situ remediation topics, including fracturing facilitation, electrokinetic-enhanced delivery, and a technology overview.
Registration is required for the short courses. Register for a spot in the short course here.
Visit us at Booth #803 for live demonstrations through the week. We offer four in-booth demonstrations. Each 30-minute demo features a particular field service application to help you achieve your project goals.
- Advanced Data Management and Visualization Technologies by Kerry Stonestreet - A comprehensive Conceptual Site Model (CSM) is essential throughout the project life cycle. From concept to completion, we will demonstrate how data integration and analysis technologies are used to build dynamic CSMs and the value realized during each project phase.
- Thermal Data Management System by Gorm Heron & Steffen Griepke - Data management is not just a bunch of numbers thrown into a database for a nerdy data manager to review. Instead, it is the collected field data on remediation projects, in this case, thermal projects, that helps support operational changes, optimize the remedy and ensure a successful outcome. In this demo, we invite you into the world of a thermal data manager where we will connect with a live site to look at energy balance data, digest the mass removal data, and real-time temperature data to discuss what they reveal about the progress and success of the remedy.
- GeoSierra’s Vertical Inclusion Propagation (VIP) Process by Deb Schnell - The VIP process allows controlled vertical inclusions by mechanical separation of the formation through dilation of a vertical casing to initiate the inclusion along an azimuth followed by injection of a food grade guar carrying the designed ZVI or sand loading. Join us for a mixing demonstration of guar with iron or sand to see this process in action.
- Cascade’s New Smart Injection Manifold by Dan Caputo - We will first compare the traditional injection manifold versus the next-gen manifold then provide a demonstration of the control and data logging capabilities. Note - this demonstration will be held outside the Convention Center on the esplanade.
Visit our Battle Conference page for more info and a detailed schedule of our in-booth demonstrations.
See You in Palm Springs!
We’ve been planning for the Battelle conference for some time and we couldn’t be more excited that it’s just about here. Remember to visit our Battelle page for any additional info and to reserve your spot in our Short Course presentation.
While you’re at the Battelle conference, make sure to stop by booth #803 to meet our experts, experience a few hands-on demos of our tools and technologies, and to enter our raffle to win a Yeti Cooler!